U2, Bono, ‘Live at Manchester Apollo’Regular price £150.00
© Stephen Wright
Manchester, U.K. 1993
Fuji crystal archive lustre finish photographic paper print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This photo of Bono was taken live on stage during U2's 1983 tour. ‘This was one of U2's first big tours, but well before they became a stadium band. Bono had a very strong stage presence despite the mullet haircut. I'm a photographer lucky to have photographed music icons, not an iconic photographer of musicians.’ Stephen Wright
Stephen Wright, from Reading, bought his first camera at 21 from the £40 he won on a premium bond. By 1983 he was taking live pictures of Manchester bands like The Smiths for music magazines and record companies. These days his body of work sits as part of the collections of the National Portrait Gallery, the Manchester Art Gallery and the Salford Art Gallery. All rather funny when the original film for The Smiths was processed in a bedroom-darkroom, with the chemicals kept in old drinks bottles.
National Portrait Gallery
Manchester Evening News
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.