The Who, Pete Townshend, ‘Jumping on Stage’Regular price £400.00
© Adrian Boot
United Kingdom, c.1970s
Digital archival print hand signed by the photographer
Paper size 24h x 17w inches
Edition of 25
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend is an English guitarist, singer and composer. He is the co-founder, leader, guitarist, secondary lead vocalist and principal songwriter of the Who, one of the most influential rock bands of the 1960s and 1970s. Adrian Boot, one of Britain’s best-known music photographers, began his career in the early 1970’s freelancing for NME, Melody Maker, The Times, The Guardian and The Face. Adrian regularly works with the World Photography Organisation and continues to travel throughout India, Asia, Africa and Jamaica, searching for and promoting positive images of the planet and its people. Adrian was at the heart of documenting the punk scene in the U.K. and the U.S.
‘Then punk came along and crossed over with reggae and the whole ‘Jamaica scene’. Basically, they all lived on the same council estate so the music crossed over and you got a lot of white kids going to reggae ‘shebeens’ and vice versa. So, that’s how I kind of got involved in The Clash and the punk scene, as well as the reggae scene which was beginning to grow. The Clash were really easy – they were nice people and quite well educated; they were the ‘art-school crowd’ I was talking about. With the Sex Pistols – well, John Lydon was an intelligent guy and he didn’t suffer fools. The others, well, you wouldn’t even try to have a conversation with Sid Vicious, but I only photographed the Sex Pistols two or three times.’ Adrian Boot
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.