The Rolling Stones, Ronnie Wood, David Bowie, ‘At Engineer’s Gary Kellgren’s House After Bill Wyman’s Solo Recording Session at the Record Plant’Regular price £2,200.00
2020 © Bill Wyman Archive
Los Angeles, U.S.A. 3 September 1975
Digital archival C-type print embossed and hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Photographer and former Rolling Stones bassist, Bill Wyman, became interested in photography from a young age. He has expressed his fascination for photography because it ‘captured historical moments for me to look back on.’ He became acutely aware of how others framed their shots, always preferring to take photographs of people without their knowledge, ‘I prefer to keep out of the way and capture candid photographs that are un-staged and natural.’
This unique colour shot shows Stones member Ronnie Wood and singer-songwriter and actor David Bowie hanging out together, both playful and pensive, at engineer Gary Kellgren’s residence, after having attended Bill Wyman’s solo recording session at The Record Plant in Los Angeles, California. Gary Kellgren was an audio engineer and the co-founder of The Record Plant recording studios, along with businessman Chris Stone. The Record Plant in New York was the first studio to give recording artists access to a lounge environment rather than the bland setting that was normal practice during the 1960s. Stone later said of Kellgren, ‘He single-handedly was responsible for changing studios from what they were—fluorescent lights, white walls and hardwood floors—to the living rooms that they are today.’
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.