The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Brian Jones, ‘Keith Giving Mick the Boot’Regular price $2,835.00
2020 © Bill Wyman Archive
London, U.K. 11 December 1968
Digital archival C-type print embossed and hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘There’s two pictures: Keith trying to take the boot off and then Mick helping him. That’s at the Rock and Roll Circus, and there’s Brian right in the background. Mick’s just pulling his snakeskin boot off to help him. Keith was rather wanting to be barefooted.’ Bill Wyman for Interview Magazine
This vivid photography work captures Mick Jagger helping Keith Richards take his boots off during rehearsals for the filming of The Rock & Roll Circus at Intertel Studios in Stonebridge Park. Filmed in front of an invited audience of about three hundred at the former Ready Steady Go! studio in London, it was planned as a television spectacular proclaiming the return of the greatest rock band. The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus was a concert show organised by the Rolling Stones on 11 December 1968. It was filmed on a makeshift circus stage with Jethro Tull, the Who, Taj Mahal, Marianne Faithfull, and the Rolling Stones. John Lennon and his fiancee Yoko Ono also performed as part of a one-shot supergroup called the Dirty Mac, featuring Eric Clapton, Mitch Mitchell, and Keith Richards. The original idea for the concert was going to include the Small Faces, the Rolling Stones, and the Who, and the concept of a circus was first thought up between Mick Jagger, Pete Townshend and Ronnie Lane. The project was originally a way to promote the new record Beggars Banquet beside conventional press and concert appearances.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.