The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, Chrissie Shrimpton, ‘No.I’Regular price $2,192.00
London, U.K. 1963
Estate stamped selenium toned silver gelatin print hand signed by Tom Swayne, executor of the Estate
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘The elusive nature of love... it can be such a fleeting thing. You see it there and it's just fluttering and it's gone.’ Mick Jagger
Mick Jagger is shown with model and actress Chrissie Shrimpton, his girlfriend between 1963 and 1966. In 1963 the Rolling Stones released their first single 'Come on’, followed by the Lennon-McCartney composition 'I Wanna Be Your Man' (November). Jagger's later songs about their relationship included 'Under my Thumb' and '19th Nervous Breakdown', and were both released in 1966. Swayne began his photographic career in his late twenties, encouraged by his friendships with David Bailey and Brian Duffy. He later starred opposite Chrissie Shrimpton in Bailey's film G.G. Passion (1966) after Mick Jagger withdrew from the role. This photograph was taken in Swayne's flat at West London Studios, Fulham Road.
Eric Swayne was surrounded by a troop of revolutionary artists, musicians, photographers and models; many of whom were Swayne's friends. Between them they would all play their part in London's 60s creative explosion, and their cultural impact is still felt today. This is a unique and intimate record of that special time, taken from the inside.
Wall Street International
United Nations of Photography
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.