The Rolling Stones, Keith Richards, ‘Shot of Jack Daniels’Regular price £2,200.00
2020 © Bill Wyman Archive
North Brookfield, U.S.A. 6 September, 1981
Digital archival print embossed and hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This iconic shot depicts guitarist Keith Richards enjoying a shot of his favourite Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey during rehearsals for the 1981 US Tour. The band rehearsed at Long View Farm, North Brookfield and played a show at the Sir Morgan's Cove club in Worcester, Massachusetts. Although they were billed as Little Boy Blue & The Cockroaches, word got out and some 11,000 fans pushed and shoved outside the 300-capacity venue. The Mayor of Boston Kevin H. White stopped the notion of further public rehearsals, saying, ‘The appearance here of Mr. Jagger is not necessarily in the public interest.’ The tour's elaborate and colorful stage was the work of Japanese designer Kazuhide Yamazaki. ‘Most concerts that took place outdoors at the time were played during the day, probably because it was cheaper, I don't know. So we had the bright, bright primary colours... and we had these enormous images of a guitar, a car and a record—an Americana idea—which worked very well for afternoon shows.’ Mick Jagger
Bill Wyman’s photography intimately captures life on the road with the Stones and catches the band, more often than not, unaware. ‘I try my best to photograph a subject while they are occupied doing something else,’ he says on his style, ‘preferably not looking at the camera. The photography just filled in the years of hanging around between the journeys and the hotel rooms.’ His love of photography started at a young age and he began to document the band, capturing them in rare and private moments behind the lens. His photography body of work is a closer look at one of the world’s most high profile music groups that challenges rock and roll stereotypes.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.