The Rolling Stones, Keith Richards, ‘Recording Session at Wally Heider Studios’Regular price £2,200.00
2020 © Bill Wyman Archive
Los Angeles, U.S.A. 28 August, 1978
Digital archival print embossed and hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This black and white photography work depicts Keith Richards with the Stones recording a session at Wally Heider Studios. In early 1969, Heider opened Wally Heider's Studio at 245 Hyde Street, San Francisco, between Turk and Eddy Streets, across the street from Black Hawk jazz club, in a building that had previously been used by 20th Century Fox for film offices, screening rooms and storage. Heider had reportedly apprenticed as an assistant and mixer at United Western Recorders in Hollywood, with Bill Putnam, known as ‘The Father of Modern Recording’ for his technical innovations, and he already owned and ran an independent recording studio and remote recording set-up called Wally Heider Recording, in Hollywood, California, which was one of the most successful such operations in the world.
Bill Wyman’s photography intimately captures life on the road with the Stones and catches the band, more often than not, unaware. ‘I try my best to photograph a subject while they are occupied doing something else,’ he says on his style, ‘preferably not looking at the camera. The photography just filled in the years of hanging around between the journeys and the hotel rooms.’ His love of photography started at a young age and he began to document the band, capturing them in rare and private moments behind the lens. His photography body of work is a closer look at one of the world’s most high profile music groups that challenges rock and roll stereotypes.
The Social Point
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.