The Rolling Stones, ‘Backstage at the John F. Kennedy Stadium’Regular price £2,200.00
2020 © Bill Wyman Archive
Philadelphia, U.S.A. 26 September 1981
Digital archival C-type print embossed and hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘The tour is expected to be the most profitable in the history of rock & roll; its sheer size has been staggering... ticket requests for these shows ran into the millions...’ The New York Times
This landscape shot depicts the calm before the storm... moments before the Stones performed in front of 90,000 screaming fans. Initially, singer Mick Jagger was not interested in another tour, but guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood were, as were elements of the press and public. Jagger eventually relented. As with previous tours, the American Tour 1981 was promoted by Bill Graham. The Rolling Stones kicked off their massive tour in support of 1981's Tattoo You with a two-night stand at South Philadelphia iconic John F. Kennedy Stadium. Two of the three opening bands, George Thorogood, and The J Geils Band, were received well, but the third – a still somewhat unknown Prince – barely got through three songs before being booed off. The tour was the largest-grossing tour of 1981, and for several years to come.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.