The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix & Mick Jagger, ‘Mick & Jimi’Regular price £1,000.00
© Alec Byrne
London, U.K. 1967
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
'I got a late present the day after my eighteenth birthday, May 4, 1967, when I got to watch Hendrix perform on Top of the Pops. At the time I was going to the BBC’s studios at Lime Grove every Thursday for the taping of the weekly music TV show, which was hugely in influential at that time. All the record retailers throughout the country would place their orders on Friday morning depending on what was played on Top of the Pops the night before, and all the major bands would play the show when they released a record—Pink Floyd, the Stones, Hendrix, Marley. I was in awe of Hendrix, so when I saw he was scheduled to play I made sure I was there. He blew the doors off the place like he always did, but the cool moment came when I noticed Mick Jagger behind the stage, out of the lights, just standing there watching Jimi’s set. When the taping was finished, Hendrix went over to Jagger and I immediately followed. ‘Hey guys, do you mind if I get a picture?’ They said sure and I snapped a shot on my Rolleiflex, just one frame, no other photographers around. Jimi had only been in London for five or six months at that point— that was the day they met.' Alec Byrne
National Portrait Gallery
London Rock: the Unseen Archive
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.