The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Jimi Hendrix, ‘Backstage, Saville Theatre’Regular price £1,000.00
© Alec Byrne
London, U.K. 1967
Silver gelatin archival print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘Excuse me while I kiss the sky.’ Jimi Hendrix
Alec shot this photo a few days after his 18th birthday backstage at the Saville Theatre in May of 1967 just moments after Hendrix was presented the handmade psychedelic Nehru jacket he’s wearing by Mick Jagger’s brother Chris.
National Portrait Gallery
London Rock: the Unseen Archive
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.