The Beatles, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, ‘Vale Studios, No.II’Regular price £450.00
London, U.K. 1966
Estate embossed giclée archival C-type print
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘So we, I especially, pushed for it to be an album cover, just to break the image. Anyway it’s as valid as Vietnam.’ John Lennon
At Robert Whitaker’s London studio, at 1 The Vale Road, Chelsea, following an interview for ‘The Sound of the Stars’. ‘The Butcher Sleeve’ session is a series of surreal photographs that played on the band’s celebrity.
‘I wanted to do a real experiment. People will jump to the wrong conclusions about it being sick, but the whole thing is based on simplicity, linking four very real people with something real. I got George to knock some nails into John’s head and took some sausages along to get some other pictures. I dressed them up in white smocks as butchers, and this is the result. The use of the camera as a means to creating situations’ Robert Whitaker
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.