The Beatles, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, ‘Vale Studios, No.I’Regular price £450.00
London, U.K. 1966
Estate embossed giclée archival C-type print
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘I wanted to do a real experiment. People will jump to the wrong conclusions about it being sick, but the whole thing is based on simplicity, linking four very real people with something real. I got George to knock some nails into John’s head and took some sausages along to get some other pictures. I dressed them up in white smocks as butchers, and this is the result. The use of the camera as a means to creating situations’ Robert Whitaker
‘We took the pictures in London at one of those photo sessions. By then we were really beginning to hate it. Photo sessions were a real ordeal, you know. We had to try and look normal and we did not feel like it. The photographer was bit of a surrealist, and he brought along all these babies, pieces of meat and doctor’s coats, so we really got into it, and that’s how we felt, you know’. John Lennon
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.