The Beatles, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, George Harrison, ‘Farringdon Studio, No.III’Regular price £450.00
London, U.K. 1964
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
23 West Smithfield is the former London address of Farringdon Studio. This was the location of photographer Robert Whitaker's first assignment with the Beatles in late 1964. After Robert Whitaker had held a session with the Beatles at Abbey Road, he was enlisted by NEMS to schedule a session here, which was carried out in October 1964. Pictures from the shoot appeared on the cover of the U.S. album Beatles ‘65 and in the U.K. on The Beatles Million Sellers EP that came out in December 1965.
When Beatlemania exploded, Whitaker was along for the wild ride. He was backstage, he was in the studio, he went to the boys’ homes, he became their friend. Robert Whitaker devised many of the iconic Beatles images, and his pictures were taken during one of the most popular periods in the band's history.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.