The Beatles, John Lennon, ‘Madison Square Garden’Regular price £1,000.00
© Alec Byrne
New York, U.S.A. 1972
Silver gelatin archival print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘All we are saying is give peace a chance.’ John Lennon
John Lennon performed two shows on 30 August 1972 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, one in the afternoon and a second during the evening, a benefit concert for the Willowbrook State School for Retarded Children in New York, at the request of friend Geraldo Rivera. The shows were John Lennon's only rehearsed and full length live performances in his solo career, and his first – and last – formal, full live concert since the Beatles retired in 1966. Lennon never toured during his post-Beatles career. The concert also marked the last time he performed live with Yoko Ono or with Elephant's Memory.
National Portrait Gallery
London Rock: the Unseen Archive
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.