Plácido Domingo, ‘Portrait’Regular price £1,400.00
© David Stetson
Seville, Spain. 1999
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
'I was commissioned in 1999 to photography Placido Domingo for the cover of the book The Great Tenors. The publisher wanted the photograph to be taken in costume, however, Domingo was only willing to do so if it was done during a performance (between acts), when he would already be dressed. Consequently, I flew to the Royal Opera House in Seville, Spain, where he was performing in a production of El Cid. Unbeknown to me, opera singers (or possibly only Placido Domingo) don't use their speaking voice off stage during a performance; in an effort to keep their throat warm they sing rather than speak anything they may have to say. Consequently, when Domingo approached me off stage he sang "I'm ready for my photos now!" Somewhat surprised, I simply sang back to him "Please step right this way!" And that's the way the entire shoot continued, me singing directions to him and him singing back in reply!'
David Stetson is a gifted photographer, designer and film director. He launched his career in his native city of London and eventually moved on to shoot in multiple cities across the globe. He has worked for Christian Dior, Max Factor and Givenchy, and his photographs have appeared in many leading fashion magazines. He is also highly acclaimed for his portraiture photography work depicting icons.
David Stetson's artistic sensibility and impressive portfolio has earned him photography awards, global magazine and television interviews, and has lectured at global photography institutes. David's fine art photography work has been exhibited on numerous occasions at leading galleries in London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore and Cologne.
Tokyo Art Beat
Photo London / Strand Palace Hotel
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.