Pattie Boyd, ‘In Profile’Regular price £1,700.00
London, U.K. 1963
Estate stamped selenium toned silver gelatin print hand signed by Tom Swayne, executor of the Estate
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘Eric and me would go to restaurants like the Stockpot, which had several branches in central London, where the food was cheap and filling. One night we were at the one in the King’s Road with a friend called Peter Kernott, when Eric noticed Rudolf Nureyev, the Russian ballet dancer, sitting at a table on his own. I said, ‘Let’s invite him over,’ so Eric did and he had coffee with us. I couldn’t believe it—this beautiful boy. He didn’t speak much English but after we had paid the bill he invited us back to his flat in Ennismore Gardens. He gave us a drink, then began to dance, leaping into the air, arms and legs outstretched, spinning, bounding, then sinking gracefully to the floor. It was a night of pure magic. London was like that in the 1960s. You spoke to strangers and invited them back to your flat without thinking twice. King’s Road was like an exclusive school playground. Everyone went to the same parties, the same shops, the same coffee bars, bistros, and pubs. And on Saturdays, if you weren’t parading up and down the King’s Road, you would migrate to Portobello Road, in Notting Hill, to meander up and down looking at the market stalls and people strutting their stuff. You could find some real bargains: bits of silver, antique jewelry and knickknacks, wonderful old clothes, and pieces of lace and velvet. Everyone looked glorious and was so relaxed and friendly.’ Pattie BoydNational Portrait Gallery
Wall Street International
United Nations of Photography
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.