Patti Smith, Robert Mapplethorpe, ‘Vertical, No.I’Regular price Price on Request
© Norman Seeff
New York, U.S.A. 1969
Archival pigment ink print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
The price for this photography fine art print ranges from £2000 to £20,000+VAT GBP across all its various paper sizes. Contact us for pricing enquiries.
'I found the entire experience magical from beginning to end. Robert told me he was an airbrush artist and asked if he could take one of my images and work on it... about a month later he showed me these two absolutely gorgeous pieces of artwork. Also, he said he really wanted to be a photographer and asked if I would mind him watching me shooting. He came a couple of times after that and would hang out in the background as I was working.' Norman Seeff
'I promised him that throughout my life I would magnify his work and his name as best I could... then I asked him if there was anything specific he wanted me to do. These were his last hours on earth and he asked me if I would write our story. But I knew exactly what our story was because when we were quite young and we rarely had any money to go to concerts or to go out, we mostly stayed home after doing our jobs. Sometimes when it was really cold or we were bored, he would ask me to tell him our story if he couldn’t sleep. So I knew exactly what he meant.' Patti Smith (She chooses March 8, 1989 as the day losing her then lover as that was the last time she spoke with him).
Norman Seeff a body of content explores the roots of creativity, innovation and optimal performance and has identified schematics describing the archetypes of the creative process that function across all creative disciplines. The fundamental tenet of his work is that all creation is sourced in the inner resources of consciousness and that everyone has access to the same innate resources.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.