The thrill of it, 'Stefan Bellof S, No.II'Regular price Price on Request
© Rachael Clegg
Nürburgring, Germany. 2015
Digital archival rag matt print hand signed by the photographer
The Thrill of It / Nürburgring series
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Stefan Bellof S, No.II is part of Rachael Clegg’s Nürburgring series, in which every image illustrates a story about Europe’s most treacherous, twisting, challenging racing circuit. All images are conceived and designed by Rachael and shot - on location - by Ian Parry at the epic Nordschleife circuit. Each image ‘recreates’ a specific event in the Nürburgring’s history at the exact spot that event happened.
The story / It was around Kesselchen where seven-times Nurburgring winner and Ringmeister Stirling Moss’ fire extinguisher exploded in his borrowed HWM during the 1952 Eifel Meeting. Moss was covered in foam, giving Rudi Fischer the lead in his Ferrari.
Rachael Clegg’s photography series Motorsport Can Be Dangerous / Risk! is one of gritty naked glamour and celebrating the pursuit of motor racing in all its thrilling, unadulterated glory. Clegg’s black and white nude images illustrate historical stories from the Nürburgring’s and TT’s combined history of 212 years (the Isle of Man TT started in 1907; the Nürburgring’s first race was in 1927).
Rachael Clegg has carved out a unique art form for herself, fusing fact and imagination to create bold, often absurd images which are almost always accompanied by text. A trained journalist with an art-school background, Clegg’s work embraces journalistic curiosity with unshackled creativity.
Watch / Rachel Clegg at Proud Galleries
Isle of Man
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude V.A.T. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.