Marc Bolan, ‘Contemplate’Regular price £1,000.00
© Alec Byrne
London, U.K. 1969
Silver gelatin archival print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘There is so little time for us all; I need to be able to say what I want quickly and to as many people as possible.’ Marc Bolan
Mark Feld, like many another, got to make a record. He changed his name to Marc Bolan, released a flop of a record for Decca called The Wizard, and then, ever alert for a trend, joined the flower-power, LSD and mysticism cults that flowed around the Hippies of 1967. The songs, with their Tolkien-dense imagery and dreams, still evoke the indefatigable innocence and wonder of the Hippy days. At the height of his fame in the early to mid-1970s, Bolan outsold Jimi Hendrix and The Who with his band T-Rex. But his good looks, catchy songs, air of mystique and untimely death at the age of 29 meant interest in the star has never waned.
National Portrait Gallery
London Rock: the Unseen Archive
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.