James Brown, ‘Live at Wembley Arena, No.II’Regular price £150.00
© Stephen Wright
London, U.K. 1991
Fuji crystal archive lustre finish photographic paper print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This electric shot of James brown was taken at Wembley Arena in 1991. ‘James Brown was a showman. He was sixty-something and was going down on his knees singing about being a sex machine. He had an amazing amount of energy and passion about what he was doing. He'd not played in England for a while. One of the most influential long serving artists I shot. A fantastic showman he just kept going!’ Stephen Wright
Stephen Wright, from Reading, bought his first camera at 21 from the £40 he won on a premium bond. By 1983 he was taking live pictures of Manchester bands like The Smiths and thereafter U2, Madonna, Miles David and James Brown for music magazines and record companies. These days his body of work sits as part of the collections of the National Portrait Gallery, the Manchester Art Gallery and the Salford Art Gallery. All rather funny when the original film for The Smiths was processed in a bedroom-darkroom, with the chemicals kept in old drinks bottles.
National Portrait Gallery
Manchester Evening News
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.