Fashion, 'Tokyo Underground, No.XX'Regular price $1,547.00
© David Stetson
Tokyo, Japan. 2010
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
'During the couple of decades I spent in Tokyo I witnessed the rapid change in trends and values displayed by its youth, who would always challenge the image of conservatism in Japan. My photography studio was located in Tomigaya, in the thick of the underground... my fascination by its appearance, relevance and significance, led me to conceive this photography series.' David Stetson
In addition to the photographs he took at the Tomigaya studio, David Stetson also set up studio environments at the heart of every major happening within the Japanese underground scene. Shooting from Cosplay to Fetish, he captured an abundance of colourful, unique, playful, kinky and fun characters, outfit designs and outrageous attitudes.
'There is certain freedom, no quirk is too strange, no taste is too unacceptable. What some may consider bizarre and graphic, in Japan is thought to be beautiful and pure, a charm point. An enthralling way of expressing and celebrating both creativity and the body.' David Stetson
David Stetson is a gifted photographer, designer and film director. He launched his career in his native city of London and eventually moved on to shoot in multiple cities across the globe. He has worked for Christian Dior, Max Factor and Givenchy, and his photographs have appeared in many leading fashion magazines. He is also highly acclaimed for his portraiture photography work depicting icons.
David Stetson's artistic sensibility and impressive portfolio has earned him photography awards, global magazine and television interviews, and has lectured at global photography institutes. David's fine art photography work has been exhibited on numerous occasions at leading galleries in London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore and Cologne.
Tokyo Art Beat
Photo London / Strand Palace Hotel
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.