Fashion, Chanel, ‘Red Velvet’Regular price £900.00
© Mark Shaw
Paris, France. 1955
Digital archival C-type print authenticated, signed and numbered by David Shaw, executor of the Estate
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
One of Mark Shaw's favourite fashion photography series, this glamorous colour shot beautifully captures a model wearing a Chanel Red Velvet Dinner Dress while posing in Cour de Rohan. Although best known for his work with John F. Kennedy and family, Mark Shaw’s impressive oeuvre also includes fashion photography for both runways and publications.
Mark Shaw’s body of work can be found in the collections of many prominent photography collectors. Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Aniston, and Martha Stewart are among the well-known figures who own his vintage or posthumous prints. Some of Mark Shaw’s most beautiful photography work was commissioned by fashion houses over a ten-year period. After working in still photographic film for over twenty years, Shaw embraced a new challenge, by 1965 Shaw was an active film director filming award winning commercials for television and working as a photographic consultant to film directors.
Mark Shaw’s vintage silver gelatin prints were all produced under his supervision. There are a limited number of these prints available for sale and are mainly one off prints. Most works depict the Kennedy family. There are a few vintage prints available of Audrey Hepburn, Coco Chanel and other celebrities. They were produced during the 1950s and early 1960s.
National Portrait Gallery
House and Garden
Life With the Kennedys
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.