Fashion, Ann Magnuson, ‘Side Portrait’Regular price £1,200.00
© David Stetson
New York, U.S.A. 1983
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
'My photograph of Ann Magnuson was commissioned by Andy Warhol's Interview magazine in New York. At the time Ann was a young actress having just made her first screen appearance in film The Hunger, also starring David Bowie and Susan Sarandon. The photo was taken in 1983 and appeared full page in the Faces to Watch section of the magazine.'
David Stetson is a gifted photographer, designer and film director. He launched his career in his native city of London and eventually moved on to shoot in multiple cities across the globe. He has worked for Christian Dior, Max Factor and Givenchy, and his photographs have appeared in many leading fashion magazines. He is also highly acclaimed for his portraiture photography work depicting icons.
'The high-end luxury brands came along primarily after I started working in New York as a result of being hired to shoot an assignment there by Michael Roberts, then the fashion editor of The London Times. I instantly fell in love with the city... I mean it was the late '70s... 'Studio 54'... Disco heaven and major party time! I'd never seen anything like it, certainly not in London.'
David Stetson's artistic sensibility and impressive portfolio has earned him photography awards, global magazine and television interviews, and has lectured at global photography institutes. David's fine art photography work has been exhibited on numerous occasions at leading galleries in London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore and Cologne.
Tokyo Art Beat
Photo London / Strand Palace Hotel
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.