Edie Sedgwick, ‘Portrait at The Factory, 47th St.’Regular price £3,700.00
© David McCabe
New York, U.S.A. 1965
Silver gelatin archival print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘She was riveting to look at. Tights, nasty boot, hoop earrings, a razor-cut cap of streaked blond hair, big Betty Boop eyes magnified by the brain-scan buzz of amphetamines, and smoking smoking smoking, as if that's the way people breathed on her planet. You could read almost anything into Edie Sedgwick, and, like many exotic creatures whom Andy shed light on, she initially bloomed, became the symbol for all that was hip, new, stylish, and fun.’ David Dalton
'In 1964, David McCabe landed the commission of a lifetime, he just didn’t know it yet. A then-relatively unknown artist and illustrator named Andy Warhol was looking for a photographer he felt comfortable with to follow him for a year. The job fell to 24-year-old McCabe, an ex-arts student and photographer from Leicester, England. McCabe had recently moved to New York City at the encouragement – and funding – of his employer back home. McCabe’s own studio was a short walk from the now-infamous Silver Factory at 231 E 47th Street. Warhol, who had possibly seen the amateur’s images in magazines such as LIFE and Mademoiselle, liked his style – but McCabe was asking: ‘Who is Andy Warhol?’ Ashleigh Kane for Dazed
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.