Blondie, Debbie Harry, Iggy Pop, 'Idiot World Tour, No.II'Regular price £500.00
© Chris Stein
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This playful black and white photography shot features singer, songwriter, actress and Punk princess, Debbie Harry, next to the Godfather of Punk, James Newell Osterberg Jr., who is best known professionally as Iggy Pop, vocalist and lyricist of influential proto-punk band The Stooges. Having met Iggy Pop while working as a waitress at the infamous New York music venue Max's Kansas City, Debbie Harry and Blondie's relationship with the punk icon has been unbreakable. After instantly striking a close bond, Iggy Pop invited the newly formed band Blondie on tour with him as his support act.
‘Stein and Harry became friends, lovers and bandmates, but he also became something of a personal photographer, capturing her every move. Stein chronicled the band’s early beginnings on camera, from the nascent New York punk scene to the international celebrities they worked with, including Andy Warhol. Like the rest of the world since, Stein was taken with Harry’s charisma, her spirit and – of course – her style.’ Sam Rogers and Susan Devaney for Vogue
'Renowned as the co-founder and guitarist of the iconic new wave band Blondie, Chris Stein’s photography is as poignant and powerful as the songs he wrote. Documenting New York from the seventies to today, he’s lived through the streets and the streets live on through him: from the city’s early punk scene to the landmarks long lost, Stein has captured cultural moments like none other. Captivated by how photography can bottle up a memory forever, his work aimed to keep things as candid as possible, from his still-bandmate and former-partner Debbie Harry to strangers on the street, the result is raw images, people at their most honest.' Kitty Robson for Hunger
Blondie co-founder, guitarist, producer, photographer and co-host of cult cable show TV Party, Chris Stein began shooting in 1968 and hasn’t put the camera down since. It’s all there on film: Warhol, Debbie Harry, the cast, the city – and its his documentary of the Big Apple throughout the 70s and 80s that remains just as looming a character in his photographic archive.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.