David Bowie, ‘Ziggy Stardust, Guitar Contact Sheet’Regular price £246.00
London, U.K. 1972
Estate embossed archival pigment ink C-type print including black or white mount
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
The defining images of Duffy and Bowie’s creative relationship have become synonymous with the legacy of both artists. The Photography artwork was taken by Duffy during the first of five sessions with David Bowie as his iconic character Ziggy Stardust. Wearing a costume he had designed with fashion designer Freddie Burretti and posing with a red teardrop 12-string guitar which was a borrowed prop. A few weeks earlier, David had chosen this outfit for his iconic 1972 appearance on Top of The Pops with The Spiders From Mars. A performance which made David Bowie a household name, influencing a generation.
Duffy studied dress design at St. Martins School of Art and was taught how to make and construct a garment. He understood the drape and fall of fabric and how the structure worked. Using this knowledge he always ensured the garment was shown on the model at it's very best. Duffy was hired for his fashion photography by all the top fashion magazines of the period.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.