David Bowie, 'The White Duke, No.I'Regular price $8,343.00
White Sands, U.S.A. 1975
Archival pigment ink C-type print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
In the film ‘The Man Who Fell to Earth’ David Bowie played the role of an alien in this cult movie and was widely acclaimed for his acting role. The film was shot in 1975 and directed by Nick Roeg on location in New Mexico, U.S.A. by an all British crew. Duffy was sent out by the Sunday Times and took photo’s on the set and subsequently lured David out to White Sands where he shot off two rolls of film just as the sun was setting. Duffy used a long exposure with a triple flash unit that he’d modified. David stood very still during the exposure with the exception of moving his hands.
Duffy studied dress design at St. Martins School of Art and was taught how to make and construct a garment. He understood the drape and fall of fabric and how the structure worked. Using this knowledge he always ensured the garment was shown on the model at it's very best. Duffy was hired for his fashion photography by all the top fashion magazines of the period.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.