David Bowie, ‘The Session’Regular price Price on Request
© Markus Klinko
New York, U.S.A. 2001
Digital archival pearl C-type print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This captivating portrait of David Bowie is from a shoot for British GQ Magazine. ‘It was very collaborative, but it started with a very strong idea that he had. When you look at the Heathen cover, he's obviously a blind man with the [whited-out] eyes. It's a special effect. But even so, he wanted to get this very specific idea of the angle and the eyes being blinded like that. It was a Man Ray kind of inspiration. And the 1940s style suit, that was something that he wanted very specifically… Sometimes working with other artists that are beautiful and stunning and attractive, they don't necessarily have the same mindset. They are used to looking good, no matter how. A stylist or myself and the team will decide, this would look really great. Sometimes the publicist will say, don't go too crazy. But Bowie was very different in that sense.’ Markus Klinko and Laura Studarus for BBC Culture
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.