David Bowie, ‘The Descent, B&W’Regular price £2,900.00
© Markus Klinko
New York, U.S.A. 2001
Digital archival pearl C-type print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This full body portrait shot of David Bowie walking down the stairs and wearing a vintage suit is from a shoot for British GQ Magazine. ‘The classicism represents the breaking from it. A classic world where a man believes in rules of religion and Christianity. Choosing a more classic departure point, it could be illustrated with the blind eyes. Ripping the pages out, walking away with a child in the snow, the leather coat and boots. It didn’t tell me “let’s choose Hollywood,” that’s my interpretation. When he explained the concept to me, when he started playing the music at his recording studio on Broadway, this bittersweet Heathen album, he was elaborating on the concept, showing me the Man Ray references, the solarised effects and that’s when it all came together. It was the loss of belief he emphasised.’ Markus Klinko for Vanity Fair
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.