David Bowie, ‘Seeing You From Afar’Regular price Price on Request
© Markus Klinko
New York, U.S.A. 2001
Digital archival pearl C-type print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This striking shot of David Bowie holding a cross is from a shoot for British GQ Magazine. ‘It was a very small set. For a typical mainstream A-list celebrity shoot, you can have 30 or 40 people on set. But we had four or five. The studio was a 1970s Soho loft that I propped out and added post-production effects to to make it look turn of the century or 1940s. There is a Humphrey Bogart mood in a lot of these photos. It has that Old Hollywood, theatrical approach that Bowie was deliberate about. It was almost like watching him get ready for a play. Towards the end of his life, he did a few theatrical music videos, but in terms of a still photo shoot for an album cover, this was the last big one. I think it’s a celebration of Bowie.’ Markus Klinko for Vanity Fair London
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.