David Bowie, ‘Natural Villains’Regular price £3,400.00
© Markus Klinko
New York, U.S.A. 2001
Digital archival pearl C-type print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘David often came by my studio to select and edit his photos. Once he stopped by while I was shooting a British GQ editorial with a lot of male and female models running around in towels and he said, ‘This reminds me of the Seventies! And I remember nothing from the Seventies…’ and then he laughed.’ Markus Klinko
This superb full body shot of David Bowie wearing all black and with a wolf is from a shoot for British GQ Magazine. ‘Bowie called me. He is one of the very few celebrities that I have worked with who personally got involved, and was extremely communicative and very hands-on in the process. He asked if I could come over to a Broadway recording studio and listen to some tracks. I went over the next day. I wandered around the old, understated recording studio to find Bowie and his producer, Tony Visconti, in one of the rooms. Bowie said that wanted to play some of the new songs for me before discussing the album art. The mental image of Bowie sitting by a window, smoking cigarettes while his producer played the rough mixes from the board, is a memory that I could never forget. After listening to almost the entire album together, we started talking about the shoot. He had many ideas and was very precise about them.’ Markus Klinko for GQ Magazine
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.