David Bowie, ‘Paddington Green, No.III’Regular price $1,391.00
© Alec Byrne
London, U.K. 1969
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Alec Byrne’s photo portrait of David Bowie, was taken at Beckenham Place Park in London during September 1969, shortly after the BBC started to play Space Oddity.
‘Bowie was really interesting to work with. It took me a long time to get a shoot with him, and when I did he was just going out on his first tour for Humble Pie. We agreed to meet in the park and I assumed he’d come with the usual entourage, but when I met him in Beckenham Park it was just him and myself. We walked around for a bit to loosen him up, and we were both South London boys so I think we clicked. And it was a great afternoon that led to some of my favourite pictures of him.’ Alec Byrne
National Portrait Gallery
London Rock: the Unseen Archive
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.