Bob Dylan, ‘Nashville Skyline, Album Cover’Regular price £800.00
© Elliott Landy
Woodstock, U.S.A. 1969
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
In 1968, Elliott Landy was assigned by the Saturday Evening Post to shoot a cover image of Bob Dylan. While Dylan was at the height of his fame at the time, Landy was relatively unknown but his work with the Band had been noticed by one of Dylan’s friends. The meeting spawned a friendship, yielded an album cover and a left a series of intimate photos of the musician with his young family. Here, Dylan is photographed outside his Byrdcliffe home.
Elliott Landy, born in 1942, began photographing the anti-Vietnam war movement and the underground music culture in NYC in 1967. His images of Bob Dylan and The Band, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and many others show the music scene during that time which culminated in the 1969 Woodstock Festival, of which he was the official photographer. He is also known for his work using kaleidoscopes and for his experimental still life of flowers. Landy’s work has been exhibited in galleries and museums worldwide and published on the covers of major US and international magazines and newspapers including the New York Times, Life, Rolling Stone and the Saturday Evening Post. He is represented worldwide by Magnum Photos, Getty, and several other local photo agencies.
Watch / Elliott Landy
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.