Eddie Cochran, ‘Wembley, Live on Stage, No.I’Regular price £900.00
© Harry Hammond / V&A / Eddie Cochran’s Lost Locker Collection
London, U.K. 1960
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Harry Hammond was born in London. At the age of 14, he was apprenticed to a Fleet Street studio. He served as a reconnaissance photographer during the Second World War and on his return, worked as a freelancer, covering society events. While shooting the balls and fashion shows, he took an interest in the musicians who were performing there. Eventually, he began following them back to their natural habitat, 'Tin Pan Alley', otherwise known as Denmark Street- the home of London's music industry. By the late 1950s, Hammond had developed a specialism for photographing the British pop music scene.
Watch / Sonny West on Eddie Cochran and Lew Allen
Watch / Killertone Records for Proud Galleries London
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.