Catherine Deneuve & David Bailey, ‘Newlyweds’Regular price $2,202.00
Normandy, France. 1965
Estate stamped selenium toned silver gelatin print hand signed by Tom Swayne, executor of the Estate
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘When I die I want to go to Vogue.’ David Bailey
Swayne’s early friendship with Bailey and Duffy (who photographed him on the back stairs of Vogue House in 1961) opened his eyes to all that was happening in London at this pivotal moment. His good looks and charisma meant he quickly became a ‘face on the scene’ and he seized the opportunity to pursue a life-long passion for photography. With no formal training or apprenticeship, Swayne picked up a camera for the first time at the age of 29 and began photographing his circle of friends: Bailey, Donovan, Duffy and several of the actors, models and stars on London’s unique scene. By the mid Sixties, he was shooting for Vanity Fair, Queen and Italian Vogue. His was a classic Sixties tale.’ Tom Swayne and Grant Scott for the United Nations of Photographers
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.