Bob Marley and The Wailers, ‘Chillin & Guitar’Regular price £1,200.00
© Adrian Boot
Selenium toned silver print hand signed by the photographer
Paper size 20h x 16w inches
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘I didn’t start life as a photographer, I stayed at university as long as I could – as everyone else did in those days – and then I went to Jamaica to teach physics for about three years. I took up photography as a hobby, and ran into people like Bob Marley and Burning Spear.’ Adrian Boot
Bob Marley's life can be considered the archetypal hero's journey--a journey of conviction and courage to transcendence. Rising from humble beginnings yet guided by his talent and an inborn mysticism, Bob Marley became an international figure who helped to introduce the music of Jamaica to the world and, with it, his own metaphysical message, "One World, One Love." The force of his personality, his music, his message, and his tragic and too early demise in 1981 at the age of thirty-six all established him in the firmament of individuals whose brief time on earth left the most lasting of legacies behind them.
Adrian Boot, one of Britain’s best-known music photographers, began his career in the early 1970’s freelancing for NME, Melody Maker, The Times, The Guardian and The Face. Adrian regularly works with the World Photography Organisation and continues to travel throughout India, Asia, Africa and Jamaica, searching for and promoting positive images of the planet and its people. Adrian was at the heart of documenting the punk scene in the U.K. and the U.S.Artlyst
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.