Ballet, Juliet Burrows, 'Ballerina, Colour'Regular price Price on Request
© David Stetson
New York, U.S.A. 1985
Giclée archival C-type print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
'Juliet Burrows was a Prima Ballerina with American Ballet Theatre in New York during the 1980s, I had the privilege of photographing her in my studio in Manhattan. The only lighting I used was the late October sunset shining through the windows, reflected off 2 gold reflectors (hence the double shadow. This photo later became the centre piece of an exhibition held at the Musavi Art Centre in New York's Soho district.'
David Stetson is a gifted photographer, designer and film director. He launched his career in his native city of London and eventually moved on to shoot in multiple cities across the globe. He has worked for Christian Dior, Max Factor and Givenchy, and his photographs have appeared in many leading fashion magazines. He is also highly acclaimed for his portraiture photography work depicting icons.
'The high-end luxury brands came along primarily after I started working in New York as a result of being hired to shoot an assignment there by Michael Roberts, then the fashion editor of The London Times. I instantly fell in love with the city... I mean it was the late '70s... 'Studio 54'... Disco heaven and major party time! I'd never seen anything like it, certainly not in London.'
David Stetson's artistic sensibility and impressive portfolio has earned him photography awards, global magazine and television interviews, and has lectured at global photography institutes. David's fine art photography work has been exhibited on numerous occasions at leading galleries in London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore and Cologne.
Tokyo Art Beat
Photo London / Strand Palace Hotel
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.