Amy Winehouse, ‘Camden Town Launderette, No.II’Regular price £1,000.00
© Jake Chessum
London, U.K. 5 February 2004
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘In a now closed launderette on Camden Parkway. This was at the end of the day as it was getting dark. We didn’t have permission to shoot there, and customers came and went. Nobody knew who Amy was at the time, except for fans, so we weren’t bothered. Except by a bunch of teenage boys who stood outside and kept trying to come in. They didn’t know she was a musician. I think the sight of a young girl in a dress was more than they could handle.’ Jake Chessum
Jake Chessum grew up in London and began working straight out of college for magazines such as The Face, Arena, Sunday Times Magazine. The Face sent him to L.A. in 1994, and after that he began travelling to America to shoot for US publications which resulted in a permanent move to New York city in 1999. He has shot campaigns for Microsoft, J. Crew, Rdio, The New York Times Magazine, GQ and Variety. He has published two books ‘The New York Look Book’, in conjunction with New York Magazine and ‘Rubbish’, a collection of street photographs.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.