Amy Winehouse, ‘Camden Town, Dublin Castle, No.I’Regular price £2,000.00
© Alan Chapman
London, U.K. April 2007
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
This full body shot by Alan Chapman, depicts singer and songwriter Amy Winehouse, posing in a corridor soon after finishing her gig at the Dublin Castle pub in Camden Town, North London. Amy Winehouse lived in the area and would frequently hang out, perform or serve drinks at Camden Town's the Dublin Castle, the Hawley Arms and Proud Camden. Amy Winehouse was known for her deep, expressive contralto vocals and her eclectic mix of musical genres, including soul, (sometimes labelled as blue-eyed soul and neo soul), rhythm and blues, and jazz.
‘Amy’s gig at this intimate venue is over; it was electric and the crowd went wild screaming out requests, most of which she sang for them. I wait in the corridor long after everyone else has gone. As she comes towards me, I ask for a couple of shots, but before she can reply, someone says, ‘No!’. Fortunately, Amy says, ‘It’s okay, he’s cool’ and coming closer holds out her hand for me to shake and says, ‘Hi, I’m Amy’. Alan Chapman
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.