The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, Anita Pallenberg & Michele Breton, ‘On Set of Performance’Regular price £1,000.00
© Alec Byrne
London, U.K. 1968
Silver gelatin archival C-type print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘Even the bath water was dirty.’ According to director Nicolas Roeg, that was the reaction of an appalled Warner Bros. executive at a test screening of ‘Performance’ in 1968, one that went so badly that even studio staff walked out. It was shelved for eighteen months before being unceremoniously dumped into cinemas in 1970. Fifty years later, it’s considered a classic. In his critically acclaimed Channel 4 documentary miniseries, ‘The Story of Film,’ director and critic Mark Cousins said: ‘If any movie should be compulsory viewing for filmmakers, maybe this is it.’ Co-directed by Roeg and Donald Cammell, ‘Performance’ is sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll distilled to its purest visual expression. Christian Blauvelt for IndieWire
National Portrait Gallery
London Rock: the Unseen Archive
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.