'Clint Eastwood, Standing'Regular price $1,536.00
© Jack Robinson Archive
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Actor, director, and composer Clint Eastwood has complied a remarkable seven-decade career, winning five Oscars, five Golden Globes, and many other awards. He made his film debut inauspiciously in Revenge of the Creature (1954). His public impact was consolidated in the sixties when he appeared in a number of 'spaghetti westerns' directed by Sergio Leone, starting with A Fistful of Dollars (1964). When Jack Robinson photographed Eastwood on July 10, 1969 for a 'Men in Vogue' feature, Paint Your Wagon, Eastwood’s only musical, was about to be released. In the year previous, just to show his prodigious output and his versatility, Eastwood had released three movies, Hang ’Em High, a western, Coogan’s Bluff, a police mystery, and Where Eagles Dare, a WWII thriller. In the following year, he would begin filming his first role from the director’s chair, Play Misty for Me (1971), as well as his first portrayal of the uncompromising San Francisco cop Harry Callahan in Dirty Harry (1971).
Born in 1928, Jack Robinson grew up in Clarksdale, Mississippi, attended Tulane University, and pursued photography as a hobby in New Orleans. His early street portraits captured New Orleans' rich culture.
In 1955, he moved to New York, becoming a renowned freelance fashion photographer, even gracing the cover of Life Magazine within four years. In 1965, he joined Vogue Magazine and impressed Diana Vreeland with his portrait work. Jack completed numerous assignments for Vogue over seven years. In 1972, he returned to Memphis to care for his parents, ending his photography career. Later, he excelled in stained glass design.
When he passed away from cancer in 1997, his extensive photographic legacy was discovered, leading to The Jack Robinson Archive and The Robinson Gallery, fulfilling his posthumous wish to preserve his work.
The Jack Robinson Archive
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.