The Rolling Stones, Keith Richards, ‘The Marquee Club Sound Check’Regular price £1,000.00
© Alec Byrne
London, U.K. 1971
Silver gelatin archival print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘I mean some doctor told me I had six months to live and I went to their funeral.’ Keith Richards
But there was definitely something going on with Keith. There was a classic moment during sound check when Jagger was watching Keith, then turned to Mick Taylor, and they both started laughing. While the band was playing one song, Keith had seemingly started another, departed for his own world—somewhere else entirely. Then, after a few moments of this, Keith staggered back against the amplifiers and slumped down onto the stage. It felt like a serious moment to me, but Keith was laughing. Jagger and Wyman just went over and started chatting with him and pulling him round. They picked Keith up and he was helped off stage. I thought that was the last we’d see of him, but after a little break he was back to finish sound check and pulled it together entirely for the show, a total professional. Alec Byrne
National Portrait Gallery
London Rock: the Unseen Archive
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.