Ossie Clark, ‘Fashion at Quorum, No.I’Regular price $2,189.00
London, U.K. 1967
Estate stamped selenium toned silver gelatin print hand signed by Tom Swayne, executor of the Estate
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘Clark knew everyone. When in New York, he hung out with Andy Warhol, Truman Capote and Diana Vreeland. He picked up Brian Epstein in an East 33rd Street gay bar and was given Beatles tickets as a present. In London, he made the Mick Jagger stage costumes (’Fitting his crotch in gold leather,’ his diary states), including the white dress over white trousers worn for the Stones' concert in Hyde Park.’ David Thomas for the Independent
Eric Swayne was surrounded by a troop of revolutionary artists, musicians, photographers and models; many of whom were Swayne's friends. Between them they would all play their part in London's 60s creative explosion, and their cultural impact is still felt today. This is a unique and intimate record of that special time, taken from the inside.
Wall Street International
United Nations of Photography
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.