HRH Princess Diana, ‘Portrait’Regular price £1,400.00
© David Stetson
Tokyo, Japan. 1990
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
'My portrait of Princess Diana was taken in 1990, when she and Prince Charles visited Japan to attend the enthronement ceremony of the Emperor of Japan, Emperor Akihinto. I was commissioned to photography both Diana and Charles together; having recently announced their intention to divorce, my assignment was to attempt to capture any expression that may suggest the strained relations between them. As it turned out, the Buckingham Palace Press Office anticipated that photographers will want to try and capture this, consequently the Prince and Princess made most of their public appearances separately. It was therefore necessary for me to make the choice of which of them to photography, I made the easy choice of following and photographing HRH Princess Diana. This photograph was taken while she was on a visit to a children's hospital in Tokyo. I was granted a very short private audience with her and have always considered myself extremely privileged to have had the opportunity to meet and photograph the most gracious Princess of modern times.'
David Stetson is a gifted photographer, designer and film director. He launched his career in his native city of London and eventually moved on to shoot in multiple cities across the globe. He has worked for Christian Dior, Max Factor and Givenchy, and his photographs have appeared in many leading fashion magazines. He is also highly acclaimed for his portraiture photography work depicting icons.
David Stetson's artistic sensibility and impressive portfolio has earned him photography awards, global magazine and television interviews, and has lectured at global photography institutes. David's fine art photography work has been exhibited on numerous occasions at leading galleries in London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore and Cologne.
Tokyo Art Beat
Photo London / Strand Palace Hotel
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.