George Michael, ‘Live Aid 1985, Studio Portrait’Regular price £340.00
© Brian Aris
London, U.K. 1985
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘The unforgettable Live Aid that followed was held on Saturday 13th July 1985 at Wembley Stadium in London. Masterminded by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure, along with legendary producer and promoter Harvey Goldsmith, the consert aimed to raise further funds for the relief of the Ethiopian famine. A movement that began a year earlier with the recording of ‘Do They Know it’s Christmas.’ More than 72,000 fans flocked to Wembley Stadium that day for what was billed as ‘the global jukebox’, whilst another 89,000 filled the JFK stadium in Philadelphia in the United States, where the U.S. concert was due to broadcast simultaneously with that in London, Phil Collins appearing in both, having flown across the Atlantic on Concord immediately after appearing on stage at Wembley.’ Brian Aris
Brian Aris began his photographic career as a photojournalist, working for a London agency. A series of frontline assignments took him around the world covering various humanitarian crises from Northern Ireland and Lebanon to Palestine, Africa and Vietnam. He then decided on a complete change of direction and opened a studio in London where he started photographing fashion and glamour models for newspapers and magazines. Next he turned away from the model world to concentrate on the music industry that was exploding in Britain and gradually broadened his studio work to include pop and rock stars.
Brian Aris has covered every aspect of the music scene from punk rock, glam’ rock and straight rock ‘n’ roll to the emergence of the boy bands and then the girl power. His photography has been on show at The National Portrait Gallery in London, the prestigious Recontres D’Arles exhibition in France, and at the Royal Circle of Art in Barcelona. His archive represents one of the largest individual collections in the United Kingdom.
National Portrait Gallery
Wall Street International Magazine
King’s Road Rock
It’s Nice That
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.