George Michael, ‘Live 8, Studio Portrait’Regular price £340.00
© Brian Aris
London, U.K. 2005
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘The Live 8 concert took place in Hyde Park on the 2nd of July 2005. The 20th anniversary of Live Aid. Once again I had a studio built in the backstage area and one by one, all the performers came to be photographed. As the concert moved towards the final song, George appeared for his photograph. The last one of a very long day.’ Brian Aris
‘I first met George in 1983 when he came to my studio with Andrew Ridgeley to be photographed as ‘Wham’. In an era when boy bands were destined to be succesful, a due seemed very unliklely. Another Simon and Garfunkel? I doubted it. How wrong I was!’ Brian Aris
Brian Aris began his photographic career as a photojournalist, working for a London agency. A series of frontline assignments took him around the world covering various humanitarian crises from Northern Ireland and Lebanon to Palestine, Africa and Vietnam. He then decided on a complete change of direction and opened a studio in London where he started photographing fashion and glamour models for newspapers and magazines. Next he turned away from the model world to concentrate on the music industry that was exploding in Britain and gradually broadened his studio work to include pop and rock stars.
Brian Aris has covered every aspect of the music scene from punk rock, glam’ rock and straight rock ‘n’ roll to the emergence of the boy bands and then the girl power. His photography has been on show at The National Portrait Gallery in London, the prestigious Recontres D’Arles exhibition in France, and at the Royal Circle of Art in Barcelona. His archive represents one of the largest individual collections in the United Kingdom.
National Portrait Gallery
Wall Street International Magazine
King’s Road Rock
It’s Nice That
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.