David Bowie, ‘Portrait No.I’Regular price £3,000.00
© Carolyn Djanogly
London, U.K. 1999
Digital archival print hand signed by the photographer
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘I always used to shoot in the same way, with big close-ups and sharp focus on eyes. The effect I achieved was by using three things: natural daylight, black and white film, and shooting with a long lens. I got beautiful results without actually knowing how I achieved it technically. It was a formula that I stuck to for a long time because I love close-up. I’m fascinated by faces. Many photographers allow the setting to inform the picture and its story. I tend not to – I like the facial architecture to make an impression on the viewer.’ Carolyn Djanogly
Carolyn's first photography publication was Centurions. A tribute to 100 people who significantly influenced the social, political and cultural texture of 20th Century Britain. 22 prints from that series were acquired by the National Portrait Gallery in London for its permanent collection. This is a striking and subtle portrait capturing the humour and elusive quality of a national icon.
National Portrait Gallery, London
The Print Space
The New York Times
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes a few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance of delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London, or abroad, when ordering a foamed wooden crate.
- All prices exclude VAT. Sales for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.