The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, ‘Live at Hollywood Bowl, No.II'Regular price £1,100.00
© Earl Leaf
Los Angeles, U.S.A. 19 October 1963
All prints have the signature or the posthumous stamp of the photographer where known
Prints at 30x40 and 40x60 inches are available and subject to quality and resolution of image
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
It's "Y Day" at the Hollywood Bowl, a concert that lasted from dawn to dusk, and boasted the likes of Jan and Dean, Duane Eddy, The Fleetwoods, The Honeys, Bobby Rydell, and others. But what set this day apart was The Beach Boys' performance—this was the first known show with Al Jardine on guitar.
Renowned photographer Earl Leaf was there to capture this pivotal moment. Now, this captured memory can be yours to treasure. This isn't just an archival print—it's a tangible piece of music history, immortalizing a pivotal moment in the Beach Boys' journey.
Whether you're a long-time admirer or a new fan of the Beach Boys, this exclusive print is a one-way ticket to nostalgia. Add this limited release item to your collection and forever cherish the day Al Jardine strummed his guitar for the Beach Boys for the very first time!
Prior to becoming a photographer, Earl Leaf had a colourful career as a cowboy, sailor, actor, beatnik, guitarist and politician, joining the Nevada legislature in the 1930s. In 1936 he traveled to China to manage the United Press Association offices there and interviewed and photographed Communist Party Leader Mao Zedong behind enemy lines during the Sino-Japanese war of 1938.
During World War II Leaf served with the OSS (precursor to the CIA) before coming to Los Angeles to pursue his career as a celebrity photographer. He soon became the photographer of choice and constant companion to The Beach Boys, shooting them in a reportage style around L.A. numerous times as well as during their first visit to Europe in November 1964.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.