The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, ‘The Boys in London, Leaving the Tower’Regular price £1,100.00
© Earl Leaf
London, U.K. 8 November 1964
All prints have the signature or the posthumous stamp of the photographer where known
Prints at 30x40 and 40x60 inches are available and subject to quality and resolution of image
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Prior to becoming a photographer, Earl Leaf had a colourful career as a cowboy, sailor, actor, beatnik, guitarist and politician, joining the Nevada legislature in the 1930s. In 1936 he traveled to China to manage the United Press Association offices there and interviewed and photographed Communist Party Leader Mao Zedong behind enemy lines during the Sino-Japanese war of 1938.
During World War II Leaf served with the OSS (precursor to the CIA) before coming to Los Angeles to pursue his career as a celebrity photographer. He soon became the photographer of choice and constant companion to The Beach Boys, shooting them in a reportage style around L.A. numerous times as well as during their first visit to Europe in November 1964.
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.