Amy Winehouse, ‘On Princelet Street, 'Frank' album cover’Regular price $2,241.00
© Charles Moriarty
London, U.K. 2003
Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
‘I was trying really hard to create something that was emblematic of a girl I had just met, an image that captured a piece of her, in real life, that somehow also reflected who she was becoming musically through her lyrics and her voice. To celebrate Record Store Day, and as we approach the 20th anniversary of the image and 'Frank' I'm proud to announce the launch of a new, signed, limited-edition, fine-art print of Amy Winehouse on Princelet Street/Brick Lane in East London – a shot captured in 2003 and chosen for the cover of her debut album, Frank. That was the day I met Amy, and I have always cherished it.’ Charles Moriarty
In 2003 Charles Moriarty was asked by a mutual friend to photograph Amy, he had no idea of the heights that the honest, self-assured teenager he was introduced to would eventually reach. Charles Moriarty ended up shooting the cover for Amy’s debut album, Frank, with the two striking up a friendship that remained tight for years. Charles Moriarty photography captures a sense of fun, mischief and style, giving an early glimpse of a rising star.
Charles Moriarty has worked for the TATE, BFC, USB, VICE, DIESEL, and various magazines. He was also the stills department manager for Lucas Film’s ‘Star Wars episode VII, The Force Awakens’. He self-published his first book, Before Frank, revealing for the first time many of his unpublished photographs of Amy Winehouse. The book was republished by Octopus Publishing, under the new title, Back to Amy, including more new photos added and insightful interviews. His work is part of the permanent collection at the National Portrait Gallery.
National Portrait Gallery
Bring inspiration into your lifestyle with Proud Galleries, we have the largest collection of authenticated, hand signed, estate embossed, limited edition and vintage photography.
Contact us to book a viewing at our space in central London, to add any of our fine art prints to your collection or for advisory services.
- Fine art prints are editioned unless otherwise clearly indicated and come hand signed and/or embossed by the photographer or their Estate.
- Fine art prints are occasionally made to order and delivery usually takes few weeks. We can provide gift certificates in advance to delivering the artwork.
- Bespoke framing and delivery services are subject to additional fees.
- We only ship framed photography outside London or abroad when ordering a bespoke foamed wood crate.
- All the pricing listed across the website excludes V.A.T. and frame
- Proud Galleries reserves the right to amend any pricing or information.
- Sale for deliveries outside the E.U. and the U.K. operate at a zero-vat rate.